1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

Was curious how well them plow wings work?
    Does anybody have a set?

plese let me know how they are?

thx bobc jr,
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I've got a set.

We run most all V-Blades, so you don't really need them.

Guys that don't run/don't like V-blades just love the Pro-wings.

Good friends with a guy who has 18 sets.

PS: Hey, welcome to the forum!
  3. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a set to try last year and they are great. I don't have v-plows so this is as close as I can get. I'll never be without them now until we trucks with V's on them.
  4. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

They're definately worth getting. We've got a set on our Meyers and it's now a 10' plow instead of an 8'. Our next plows will be V plows, but for now wings are the way to go.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have them on my plows too
    poor mans v blade
  6. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

I'm negotiating with a sub who wants more $$$ than I want to give him. I'm going to tell him I'll pay him if he uses a pair of wings. I'll come out ahead on that deal! Buy them for every truck you're paying by the hour, unless it's already got a 10' blade on it.
  7. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

thanks guys i think i will thy a set on my 8 foot meyers.
  8. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe the roads are narrower here than everywhere else. I only have a 7.5' blade, and I feel like I'm gonna wipe out ever car that goes past me. I can't imagine what it would be like with wings on it. Although... I do agree it would be a good idea, especially for parking lots.[​IMG]
  9. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

SlimJim -

That's a normal feeling. You'll get used to it, even if you put on the wings. Also, the people coming towards you see a BIG piece of steel on the front of the truck and will give you a wide berth.

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

That's just it. A lot of people havn't been moving over. I almost wiped out a mailbox last week cause a guy was riding the center-line. Granted, the mailbox would do less damage than the car would've, but sometimes ya just feel like clobering someone so they learn. AIR HORNS!!! I NEED AIR HORNS!!![​IMG]