1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

This is probably the stupidest question next to what is snow, but how do you plow? Like procedures. I'm contemplating buying a plow, and I think knowing this would be a good idea.
  2. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

I found some basics on Chuck's web site. I think he also has a book of Snowplowing he'd sell. You might also do a "search" for "snowplow".

3. matthew Urban

matthew Urban LawnSite Member

see if there is someone in your area who would help show you the ropes, talk to them, ride along with them when you can, and pay attention to the people here, they know their snow.
    good luck
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Come on out to Chicago, I'll teach you how. I'm not a big time snow company, but I have 25 years experiance at plowing snow and I'll give you free lessons. Can you be here by 6 AM Saturday morning for your first lesson? We have never had this many snow storms in a week in December. I have plowed all the driveways 5 times and some 6 times due to drifting, in the past 7 days. We could have our yearly average snow fall in this month. With the next 3 storms added to what we have now, it could top our yearly snow fall and December is only half gone.
  5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Well Christmas break is coming up..... :)
  6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

SIMA has a video for begining plowers. Basic and informative. Well done and professional. It probably would be very useful for you, and a worthwhile investment.
  7. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The SIMA video gets my vote!!I have plowed before but it had been a few years,it was a great Re-fresher for me and when I get bored waiting for snow here I can watch it...reminds me of Home.JRB
  8. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

To order the video call 814-456-9550 or visit their web site
    Shame on you John for not supplying this info.
  9. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew you'd pick up my slack.... besides.... I'm tired.
  10. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Awww... And we really feel bad for your feeling tired from plowing, salting, stacking, hauling, trips to the bank for the past 20+ days. Real bad. ;)