1. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

I JUST BOUGHT A 1990 F150 TO USE AS A SPARE....IT HAS ALMOST 100K ON IT AND SEEMS IN GOOD SHAPE...DOES ANYBODY SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH PUTTING AN 8FT FISHER PLOW ON THIS? I HAVE BEEN MOWING FOR A WHILE AND WOULD LIKE TO BREAK INTO SNOWPLOWING...ANY THOUGHTS....IDEAS....DIRECTIONS...

2. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

Turfguy,

An 8' Fisher is just to heavy for a Ford F-150. Go with a 7 1/2' with Timbrens in the front end and it will be a good plow truck

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

The 8' fisher is a 29' blade, adding extra height and weight. For and F 150, go with a 7 1/2 fisher, weigh less, just doesn't have the extra height and support of a 8'. Or you could be crazy like i was once and put a 9' on a half ton gmc, destroyed the truck.

Geoff

4. Alan

Alan Member

I'd go with an 8' Sno-Way, been using them for years, they work good for me. And we had our first on a K1500 GMC, since then we've added plows and now the 8' straight blades will be hanging on S-10s. No Timbrens either.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A fellow former contractor (now a police officer) used as his front line trucks two, 1985 F150 4x4, 300 6 cylinder stick with 8 foot Fishers. The front ends were no problem, but he would replace clutches every spring.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

8 ft fisher is to heavy,try to find a 7 1/2 or a western 7 1/2.You can run thr timbre's or airbags in the front,the airbags sit more level,but they blow quite often,making the timbre's the better choice