PlowSite.com Webbie

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by CamLand, Aug 30, 2004.

1. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey i was just wondering if you plan on changing the website to the new format like PlowSite??

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i like it the way it is....
    I keep thinking plowsite is "minimized" on my screen, with the space around it.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

me too............ I don't like the new plowsite format:(

4. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

What do you exactly mean? There was quite a bit of lost space in the previous PlowSite design (the one that was in place from Feb to last week I think) but I have corrected most of that with the new design, which should make the site easier to navigate.

We definitely plan to upgrade vBulletin on LawnSite too since the new version comes with several useful features, both in the back-end (optimization) and in the front-end (features for users such as related threads and user ratings), but before I start working on the LawnSite template for the new version of the forum software, I am very open to suggestions.

What is it that you don't like at PlowSite and prefer the way it is done at LawnSite? Are there any elements of the design at Plowsite that you prefer to those on LawnSite?

Thanks!

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i guess it just the way it appears on the screen, i'm not used to it. if you click on it now, the discussion options are boxed in, with about an inch on either side, if that makes sense. i keep thinking i have to maximize the screen.
    Just not used to it, no big deal really, i actually like the PM stats at the top.
    But i wouldn't change LS unless it would better the downtime. But your the profressional computer guy...... i'm just a Lawnboy:) Keep up the good work.

6. LSAdmin

So you would like that I keep the left and right margins equal to 0 when I upgrade, instead of letting some blank space to "aerate" the design? Since LS is currently set up that way and people seem to like it, this is definitely something that I can do.

vBulletin 3 comes with several performance improvements, which is an important reason to upgrade, particularly on a busy board like LawnSite. Also, most development is now done on vBulletin 3 and we will need to upgrade sooner or later not to be outdated. Furthermore, there are a few nice functions for users (I especially like the related threads feature) which make it worthwhile to upgrade.

That's why we plan to upgrade, even if it would definitely be easier to stay with what we have :)

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry plsoucy ............ I'm starting to like the new plowsite forum.
    Are you going to do the same too lawnsite:confused:

8. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I like the on line light next to your name. You need to do that on Lawn site. just my 2 cents.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We do have that sortof, it's at the bottom left hand corner of each post. The checkmark, if it's yellow, then that means the person is online. If it's green, then the member is offline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LSAdmin

I sure will upgrade LawnSite to vBulletin 3 in the next few days. I'll soon make an announcement about the upgrade.