Pluger owners

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by PMLAWN, Oct 4, 2006.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you are running a Pluger, check the frame, Mine is 3 years old and the frame broke right in the middle. ( I do live in NC with concrete for soil) It was not rusty so it had to be just stress. It will be easy to fix but I will lose a day right in the middle of the season. It will be easy to reinforce too so you may want to do that.

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. It is out on the field right now but when it comes back I will check it. Did you happen to get in contact with plugr on this.

3. PMLAWN

Not yet, Have been busy and just mucked it together for another day or two. But yes will contact before updating the thread. I will give them a chance

4. PMLAWN

They run that "rod" down the frame underneath but stop short of the Motor plate by about an inch. It broke right where it stops. I took a picture before I "fixed" it (and after which is a work of art:laugh: ) but have not loaded the pics in the computer yet , will do that tonight.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

HATE when seeding equipment breaks in season

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've had frame and support issues before, where either a seam or a bar or some other critical component simply cracks or breaks in half.

I found there is almost nothing a good welder can't fix, that would be my recommendation... Had I known about this fix, I would've saved myself 50 dollars when my T-bar broke last year (a new one is $80, a weld was $25).

7. PMLAWN

I will have it welded but just do not have the time to get it to a shop now. For what ever reason they seem to think they only have to work 9-5:laugh: