Pluger PL400 vs Lawn Solutions

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Blue Lakes, Sep 17, 2009.

1. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Howard Brothers (Largest Equipment Dealer in Atlanta) has them right now. They are in Duluth, GA. They also rent them as well.

2. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Great, that's my dealer! I had the 5 mile default on your dealer search and missed it! Going there tomorrow.
  3. Blue Lakes

Blue Lakes LawnSite Member

After reading everyones feedback on, I'm going to order my LS aerator tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get!
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a purchase you will never regret.
  5. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Plugr PL800 and it's fast on large flat yards, but I also need a smaller easier to use aerator for small yards with small hills and alot of turns, backing, etc. It's too late in the season now, but I am thinking of getting the Lawn Solutions next year and using a combination of both aerators.
  6. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Lawn Solutions ride on aerator and love it. Last week, I pulled up to a customers lawn to aerate. I noticed another LCO was aerating a neighbors front lawn with a Plugr. Both lawns were similar size. I unloaded, aerated the lawn and loaded back up and he was still on the front of his lawn.
  7. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent..... the age of lawn aeration and seeding has finally changed!!!
  8. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that have used both the plugr and the lawn solutions unit, what is the difference in plug size and depth. Speed means nothing to me if the core plugs are inferior. The plugr may be slower, but it pulls very deep cores.
  9. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

You should really go a try one...but be ready to get one. You won't want to use anything else after the demo. Richiey & Clapper on the west side of Boston has our walk-behinds and ride-on machines. Both will pull plugs upto 4" and nomally pulls 3" plugs all day long. You can give them a call and setup a demo.

I'm actually there today. I just dropped off their 4th load of aerators this fall. They are a dealer that actually takes the units out on the road and shows them to customers, puts them in thier hands to try....what a novel idea. Thier #1 comment from customers...."Are you kidding me?" They can't even believe the easy of use and the ability to pull great cores can be and they just did it.
  10. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I have to reduce the pressure on the ride on because if the customer has watered, the plugs are too deep. I have a Plugr 400 and there is no comparison.