1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Plugr 850HD Pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawnspecialties, Jun 4, 2009.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I was talking with my dealer yesterday and asked about pricing a Plugr 850HD aerator. This is the Honda model with the hydrostatic. I already have a 600 but would really love to upgrade this season.

Anyway, he told me his best price would run around $4900+. I was very surprised. I remember them running around $4300 but what a jump this year. Anyone with information on pricing this unit recently?:confused:

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am just curious what is the difference between the two models?

3. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

The 850 is a hydro drive and is faster.

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

850 pulls a few more plugs per square foot. I would not want to run a PL800 or PL600 on many properties I have done with my 850. Alamia.com has them priced at $3995 last I checked with free shipping.

5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure how your budget is, but a ryan lawnair 28 will out plug anything out there. Its as dramatic a difference as a roller type to you plugr. I now own the plugr (unfortunatly). The ryan will put many more plugs per foot as well as THROUGH anything..ashvault..tree roots.. IT will also aerate in neutral (without driving forward) or going backward. Neutral allows you to put a gazillian holes in a bad area in one pass without having to go over it several times.

6. jsf343

I have heard the plugr is the most comfortable to use though, very little operator fatigue. Is this the case?

7. Exact Rototilling

Plugr 850 has a fairly low operator fatigue factor. If the soil you are aerating is loaded with rocks or the soil is super hard from lack of water [makes for short plugs] is gets tough to control. If the soil is properly watered and relative free of bigger rocks it is only moderately tougher to use than a 21" mower. Hydro drive makes it a breeze to use and hills are non issue unlike the Plugr 800, 600 etc.

Aeration is my favorite service to offer. :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. Exact Rototilling

I was seriously considering a Ryan 28 last year but the higher price was a factor over the Plugr 850. I wish there was a Ryan 28 I could rent in my local area just so I could try one out.

9. jsf343

has anybody had a chance to research or try out "lawn solutions" aerator? I have heard good things about it but can't demo one out here unless you want to try out another lco's which I don't really want to do (no dealers). They seem pretty nice and are hydro as well.

10. Exact Rototilling

mdlwn1,

Which model plugr do you own? I've been looking for someone who can give me a plug count per sq foot compared to the Ryan 28 vs. the Plugr 800 or 850?

The Plugr 600 pulls less plugs than the 800 or 850.