Plugr Aerator - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SLC LLC, Sep 3, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am needing to purchse a new aerator asap, nd the dealer nearest me carries the Plugr aerator. I have demoed a smll unit, but never the large unit. I thought it was great, although it does not have drive belts or chains. Has anyone used these before? Good or Bad? Should I go with a different brand? I have used the Ryan and Bluebird before, and those things just bet the snot out of ya IMO.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

we bought an 800 this year and love it

3. SLC  LLC

how is it in reverse if you need to? pretty heavy?

4. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I love my plugr. I have a lesco split drive with about 2 tanks of gas run through it. The lesco just sits there. If someone wants to buy the lesco it is up for sale. As for the plugr it pulls alot of plugs. I can run it up a ramp into the back of the truck.(try doing that with a regular aerator). Never had a break down. The only downfall with mine is it kind of sucks going up a hill. But there is a new plugr model that takes care of that problem.

5. SLC  LLC

Any idea what model works best for going up a hill?

6. rodfather

the Plugr equipped with front wheel hydro

7. The mayor

I bought my plugr and within weeks they introduced the hydo unit. :rolleyes:

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I just watched the video on plugr's website. That has got to be the smartest core aerator I've ever seen!

You guys with plugr's; just curious as to what you paid for? The dealer closest to me is a super tailhole. I can't imagine the markup he'd put on the machine and I'd bet $1000 he wouldn't have a single unit in stock to start with.

9. The mayor

I have the 800 non hydro unit, if I remember correct I think it was $2300.00

10. rodfather

same here, more like 2900