Plugr Aerator?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bntt68, Jan 12, 2005.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if there is someone who carries Plugr Aerators close to Illinois? I am interested in the PL-400. Thanx
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Call 'em....if they don't have a dealer near by, they will probably ship it directly from the factory. Also, if it was me and I did, I would splurge and get the PL 800. More bang for the buck.
  3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks!! Do you have a number for them? Do you have any complaints with yours?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto on the 800. It will be much more productive than the 400
    My 800 works great and pulls great plugs.
    2 downsides for me---first it eats tines fast. I only get about 50 lots (6000' or less) on a set before I have to replace. Now I live in NC where the ground is HARD red clay. You are in the land of soft black dirt so that will not be a problem for you. 2nd thing is that it is not too good on hills as it is only propelled by the tines pushing off and going up hill it will dig a hole and stop. But again this should not be a problem for you as most of Ill is flat. (unless you are from the south part)
    I have used the 8oo for two years doing over 300 lots and most of the time it is trying to beat itself to death because ot the hard ground and I have not had any real problems. (only a few loose bolts)
    The factory has answered any problem and sent me parts for anything I lost so I highly recommend them.
  5. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Web site I found with prices including S/H and ordering info. I am planning on purchasing the PL800 next month myself.

Hope this helps. :waving:

6. 1bsman

1bsman LawnSite Member

Check Russo Power Equip in Schiller Park, Il. 847 678 9525 or 877 367 8776.