Plugr Brand Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Courtyard Services, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Courtyard Services

Courtyard Services LawnSite Member

I am thinking of buying a new aerator for this season. Has anyone ever tried the Aerators that have a cam style design that runs the tines. I use a Lawnaire lV right now but it is kind of a brute to maneuver. Thanks for your help

2. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

We've had a PL400H for 2 years and next week I'll be picking up a new PL600.
    We Looked @ the Turfco Turnare but were affaid that it wouldn't do well in many of the tight spots we have, even though they state "it handles like a mid size mower" (many are to small for anything but a 21" mower to get around obstacles, and cost about $750 more than the PL600.) For theses the PL400 works great but we've needed something a bit bigger for the open areas. Source one Has great support if needed and the Plugrs pull nice clean plugs. Were very pleased with them!

Good luck *trucewhiteflag*

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have an 800 that we purchased in March of 06. It is a nice machine that pulls great plugs. You hold back on that thing and you swear you have a rototiller in your hands for areas that you really want to churn up and overseed.

I am very happy with our unit and the next one will be the 850 hydro self propelled.

4. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

You'll love the Plugr... we have 2... a 400 and a 600 and wouldn't trade them for anything. I'd love to be able to justify the new 850HD but most of our lawns are under 20,000sq. ft. and the even our non-hydro ones are just super easy to run.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my 600 last September and made more than the purchase price by myself before the season ended. This year, it's all gravy.

But like rodfather, I sure do wish I had plopped the extra $1500 for the 850 hydro.payup

6. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a PL800 and will never own another brand of aerator period! I have used Bluebirds and Ryans before and you will never see me behind one of them again. The Plugr is SO much easier to run.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

that much...think I was quoted another $1000 at the time?

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

guys, how much are the different models?

about...doesn't need to be exact.