1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plugr (Encore) PL600B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Mar 18, 2003.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

For the record I am a homeowner looking purchase an aerator. My father and I are looking into purchasing an aerator that won't kill us. I am still a young buck (29 years) but my father is getting up there in age and the normal aerators just tear him up. I told him about the PLUGR and he is very excited about finding one. There are no rental companies in our area that carry the PLUGR line but I have found a pretty good deal. $2000 (tax included) for an encore 600B PLUGR with 5.5 intek Brigs. I know some of you may say just rent one. Well for the record, I aerate my lawn 4 times a year. If you don't the lawn just does not thrive. I will also be doing my in-laws lawn as well. Do you think this machine will be fine for what I am going to use it for? Appreciate any advice.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Contact Dee at www.rocksolidx.com. They have a homeowner version you can get cheaper. Send an email to the sales on their website asking about the homeowner version. She can give you all the details.
  3. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I checked with Dee this afternoon and she said the retail on the homeowners version is 2095. So I call my distributor and he said he could get it to me for 2000 shipped and including tax. I can get the pl600B for that price. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the PL600B. I will probably only use it 12 times a year. Should last me a lifetime. Any other opinons would be greatly appreciated.