Plugr or Turner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNLC, Mar 3, 2005.

1. TNLC

TNLC LawnSite Member

I'd like to get feedback on either the Plugr PL600 or the Turner 26 Aerator.
    I'm going to be buying one and I want to know if any one has used either of these machines. If so, do you like one better than the other one and why?

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting, I was just typing a new thread about the same thing and accidentally deleted it and then I find a thread about the same topic!

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 Plugr 600's. Had them for several years now. They have been great.

4. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I have the Pl800 and would not trade it for anything. There is not better choice for aerating -- except maybe the Lawnair 28.

YOu can aerate all day and play softball that night and be just fine. Try aerating 100k of turf with a typical drum type and aerator and you'll be very tired -- not with the Plugr.

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've bought 4 PL 600's. They really are cool. I'm not in my 20's anymore, not to sound like a whiner but if I go out all day with a Bluebird or a Ryan my back is killin me ny mid afternoon. I drive my pl600 1 handed and am not even tired at days end. I wish they had a bit faster ground speed but they are wide so they make up for it. The only drawback is replacing the tines, we have rocky soil and it chews them up $72 every 100-200 aerations. pm me if you want more info or e-mail me at www.evergreenofutah.com