1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plugr owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bflower, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

Just wondered if there are any plugr owners out there to speak to the reliability/ease of use or lack thereof. looking into retiring my bluebird 742 for the plugr 850 hydrostatic drive. Not getting any younger here and an easier to use machine would certainly be a back saver, Thanks.
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I have the old "Rock Solid" model PL600. It is a good machine, very reliable, the only complaint I have is that the tines wear out quickly and cost 3X more than for other aerators. I get about 6 acres out of six tines. So that means my cost is about $9-12 per acre for tine replacement. They are easy to replace, but need to be either more durable or less expensive.
  3. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i demo'd a pl800 this past summer and i thought it was great. i had used a bluebird 424 before and it about killed me. i might be buying a pl800 w/ honda this summer
  4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have the PL600, and it's a great machine as long as you are not going up hills. I'd love to get the PL800 hydro.
  5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Other than going up hills I love my Plugr. It does a great job and is extremely reliable. I have never broken one thing one it. I wish I had the Hydro. I see they have a pull behind now. If I get more business I will look into that one also.

Mike I
    Mike's Total Lawn Care
  6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, the hydro would be great. That thing gets awfully heavy when you are pushing it up hill. Still not half the workout of a Bluebird or Ryan.
  7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I would defiantly get the hydro, I had the pl400 and it did a great job pulling plugs but its was too slow and terrible on hills.
  8. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

LawnTamer, Check ebay, I picked-up some last month for less then my dealer was wanting for them.
  9. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I love my unit. I wish I would have went with the hydro unit, but finances at the time would not allow it.