Plugr PL800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Jan 26, 2003.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone bought or demoed the 800 yet? Its new for 03 from what I understand, more plugs in the same 30" width. Any opinions forming yet?
  2. roscioli

Let me also add the following prices I have found:
    pl600- $2249 5.5hp
    pl800-$2545 6.5hp
    both with briggs, whiich i would rather have due to honda's low oil shutoff being a pain on hills.
    How do these prices stack up nation wide to what you have found? Please list what you have found for prices.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Give 65hoss a shout about the Plugr's...

... I know he has at least 2 of them and has been using them for some time now.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My next aerator purchase will be a PL800. Everything is the same as the PL600, but added two more cam assemblies.

There is a real easy way around the oil shutoff on the Honda motor. Get one and I'll fill you in. The Honda is a much better motor than the Briggs. The small Honda motors can not be beat. Also, the Honda is rated for 3900 rpm's, which means much more ground speed.
  5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Are these machines sold retail or do you have to order them direct? Haven't seen them around here and I am very interested in purchasing one this spring.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Test drove the PL600 at GIE.....awesome aerator...totally awesome. This definetely will be my next one, if I ever get rid on my Kees and Bluebird. I think the PL800 with Honda retails for $2895. You really have to test drive one to appreciate one. As far as the honda engine shuttting off, I just disconnected a wire in the connection, not sure if that is the smartest thing to do, but on a slope it was virtually impossible to get around. The customer was watching me having to restart the Bluebird time after time and got kind of embarrassing.

7. dreamertex

dreamertex LawnSite Member

I purchased a PL800 at the GIE and cannot wait to start using it. I did get the Honda with only a 1 year warranty compared to the Briggs with a 2 year but have had very good luck with the Honda's in the past. The differance between the 600 and the 800 is that there are 2 more tines. This is to keep the aeration closer with the holes and less necessity for a double pass. They did start a distributor (I believe in Alabama) but I would call them first. The prices will possibly be better direct as they are not sure what the distributor will add, plus you may get free shipping from them. Try and speak to Dea as she is the individual who worked with me and was very helpful during the entire transaction. God luck and happy plug'r ing.
  8. roscioli

Thanks for the info guys... The only honda motor I have is in a pressure washer, so it never gets tilted,, thus not needing the disconnect. I would rather go honda, especially with hoss's advice of the higher RPM. THat makes a big difference to me. Normally I don't mind a B&S, but higher speed = $$. Thanks!
  9. roscioli

Bringing back TT to get more pricing info... Dealer 2 hours away can get them... but for list price. I have seen them much cheaper on internet including shipping.. What do you folks pay?
  10. 1st Class Lawns

1st Class Lawns LawnSite Member

I purchased the PL800 from a Honda engine dustributor in Greensboro, NC and paid $2550 plus taxes and shipping (about $2775) in late Aug (2002).
    According to the serial number mine was the eighth one made.