Plugr question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Mar 5, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

how many of you are using them. and did you switch from using ryan or claussen.

the first aerater I ever used was made like the plugr and as far as I know they made them. that was back in 1979. I just recieved there promotional video and I must say the Plugr looks vary easy to use. and I could see aerating all day and not be as tired as I would be if I ran a ryan all day.

the price list I just recieved puts the PL800H pro 30" at $3,150.00 but I think I could get by the sticker shock if I didnt have to work half as hard as you do with a ryan.

2. HarryD

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't have one, but I have operated one. Totally awesome machine. That's about all I can say about them. I used a Kees that is pretty rough and used a Bluebird, which is not as rough as the Kees, but still hard on the body. I compare operating the Plugr to operating a 21" mower.....no kidding. I would like to get rid of the two that I have and get a Plugr by next fall. I am sure others' that actually own and operate one will have similar testimonials.

Good luck
    MATT

4. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

65hoss loves his and im sold on em i wonderin were the heck i could get one in chicago and how hard is it o get parts .

5. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I own one and have had it two years. Just replaced tines and belts. Got the Honda engine. Machine aerates great in medium to soft soils. The harder the soil is the more bouncing rather than aerating it does. We had a drought here last summer and ground was like concrete so penetration was 1/2 inch. Other than that it works awesome. Folks at Rocl Solid have been great as far as support also.

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I own the Pl800 -- I bought it this year -- and I love it. It works terrific. I have only done a couple yards with it -- but it is 100 times better than old drum types or even the split drives!

I didn't have a dealer in my area and so I bought mine straight from the dealer in Nebraska. I drove 4 hours round trip to get it -- but they made it worth my time with a price cut!

Call Dee -- she is the sales lady there I dealt with and she was very helpful!!!

7. HarryD

Im in Omaha Jeff so its not going to be a big deal getting one direct. do they have a show room up there

8. Alan Oncken

Alan Oncken LawnSite Member

Anone familiar with the "Encore" machine. Looks just like the plugr for a lot less money? Saw a 600 model on ebay for $1,895.00.

9. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Not exactly a showroom. :) When I picked mine up -- I went straight to the manufacturing plant. Picked mine up basically right off of the line. It was out on Road Y I think. I would be surprised if they don't have distributor in Omaha though! They will bring the machine to you to demo where ever you like i'm sure.

10. It is the plugr with encore paint on it.