Plugr vs Encore Power-Plug

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KLawn, Mar 22, 2002.

1. KLawn

KLawn LawnSite Member

I have been looking at both of these aerators and was wondering if anyone has used the power-plug by Encore? They look a lot alike and I have found info on this site for the Plugr by Rock Solid but nothing on the Encore. Any help???

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ask 65hoss about the Plugr...he loves 'em.

3. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I believe plugr makes that unit for Encore. They just paint it a different color for Encore. Should be basically the same unit with all the same specs.

mowingmachine

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, Rocksolid is making the unit for encore.

I do love mine. I have 2 now. The first one I got was in 2000 and its been 100% great. Still running the original belts and tines.

Personally, I would buy it from Rocksolid, I can verify they have great customer service. Can't verify that for encore. My experience with encore has been less than appealing. Although, you could still get parts from rocksolid.

5. KLawn

KLawn LawnSite Member

Thanks! I just found out that Rock Solid makes the power plug for Encore because Encore does not sell enough to make their own. They are made in Lincoln NE, and sent to Encore in Beatrice NE, 35 miles down the road! :)

6. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Hoss... can you post a pic or email me a pic of the setup if you have one. I am curious of the setup.

jf
    jeff@ascapes.net

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

8. turfinator

turfinator LawnSite Member

I have the chance to buy a used Snapper power plugger ($800 canadian funds) and was wondering if it is similiar to the Plugr. We still have alot of snow here so i have no way of testing it to see how well it works.

9. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

65Hoss,
    I have a Ryan drum-type aerator. I love providing this service, great money, but the machine definitely beats me up. Is this pluggr more user friendly? How are the plugs? How is it to turn?

10. Addison Turf Care

Addison Turf Care LawnSite Member

65hoss....what can i expect to pay for the plugr with the honda 5.5 on it?? Thanks .....i know ryan has one with the cam action for about 4800.00!! i would love to beat that price but i have to have cam action down here in south georgia(clay country)