1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNLC, Jan 14, 2005.

1. TNLC

TNLC LawnSite Member

:blob3: Does anyone have any information that USES a Plugr or a Turner aerator? I will be buying one shortly and would like some feedback from someone that has used either of these machines for residental jobs.
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Good machine. Wont kill ya on those long days. Maneuverable. Doesn't handle hills well because of the propulsion method. The tines push it forward as they go in the ground. (slight angle)

I would recommend one, but get the pl800 if you can afford it. wider path and more holes per sq ft.
  3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and i used it today, mines actually a clark I think someone bought out Clark, and now they are called Pluger. Mines about about 4 years old. I was working yesterday and saw a guy doing a yard with one, I stopped and talked to him for a while, We were comparing the difference's between them, his Pluger and my Clark. Since we could see them both we did a side by side comparison of them. The Pluger only got better way beefer. This guy says he has about 2000 customers and does about 8 or 10 a day. He is happy with his also.
  4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I've thought about buying one (aerator) the last couple of years instead of renting the crappy ones. The plugr although I seen it at the show the other day but didn't stop and talk since I was on my way out looks different then what most ppl up here always use.

Now is the Plugr weighted or just goes on its weight alone. Also....related to aeration.....you always hear about ppl rolling as well. I know what it does but is it neccassary?
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've owned 2 for a while now. Do a search on Plugr and 65hoss to find some info.

Clark copied the Plugr a number of years ago. He worked for them and left. He still uses the old design and plugr has changed some things over the years like the beefier machine and other things.