1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

plums arent blooming

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobbygedd, Apr 20, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we put in two large plums in early december. there are only a couple of flowers, and no leaves on either of them. plums are in full bloom here. trees dont apear dead. anyone know why this may have happened?

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

COul be extreme cold/wind this winter, or even warm weather followed by frost. Is there some green when you cut a branch?? I would give them more time...once we get consistent 60 degree days.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yup, limbs look fine, green inside, just no buds or leaves. but others in the area are in full bloom

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Could just be transplant shock. Ive planted serveral trees and shrubs that didnt look well the next year but a good pruning on them will make it come out just fine next year. No need to worry.

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

how big is that plum let me know . my thunderclouds here have already bloomed