Plz Help....13 Y/o 52" T0r0 $500 Deal Or Not??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevin11946ny, May 7, 2007.

1. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

Im Looking To Upgrade From My 22" Toro Personal Pace Mower. Im Low On Money.

I Ran Into An Ad In The Paper For A 52" 12.5 Hp Kawasaki Engine For $500.

He Has Owned This Mower Since New And Says He Took Good Care Of It. He Used It For His Landscaping Business. I Went To Look At It And It Cut Good, Started On The Second Pull. He Has Lots Of New Eqipment And Says This Is Why Hes Selling It And That It Was Used Last Season With No Problems.

How Good Of A Deal Is This Or Is It Not A Good Deal.

Even If I Can Only Get One Season Out Of This Mower I Will Make Money Of It Since I Can Cut 1 Acre Plus Lawns.

How Durable And Whats The Longevity Of These Early 90s Toro If They Were Taking Good Care Of Even If They Were Used Alot Of Hours?

Are These Machines Made To Last Forever?

Would Any Of You Buy This If You Were Short On Money And Didnt Want To Invest $2000 Or More On Your First Commercial Mower Without Having That Many Accounts As Of Yet.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

$500 is about as low as any of us will sell a piece of mowing equipment.
    Whatever the condition, you are probably getting a fair deal.
    Good luck.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

sound good to me. i personally will always go kawasaki. great engine! Im dont with kohler!

4. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

is it the walkbehind 52 " i have one and it scalps on uneven yards and i hate using it its only are backup mower now

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Better hope the grass is real dry and short already with that little hp for a 52" deck...forget a velke too.

6. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

well i just bought it and i hope it is good. i see some saying its not enough power and it could scalp the lawn if its uneven terrain.

yes this is s wb mower with 5 gears.

i figure i cant go wrong with the price since its running and cuts pretty well.

theres no hour meter on it and thinking since its used commercially for almost 15 years god it could 1000s and 1000s of hours on it.

hopefully i will make my money back many times over with this machine.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i think you will. congrats!