1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Plz show me some organic results..

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Rayholio, Jun 18, 2009.

1. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

terra, you haven't tried the worlds best shovel? and you call ur self a landscaper:hammerhead: lol

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Shovels are for digging, not prying. :nono:

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

How else do you propose removal of large shrubs or the like? What would you "pry" with?

Or are you saying you should not pry a shrub out for removal? I have been doing this for about 10yrs now and I have tried many different techniques and wasted alot of money on ineffecient fancy items because I thought there might be an easier way than strong tools and a strong back and some hard work.

Yes I buy $100 shovels and $45 pruners, some people call me crazy but I have had alot of these items for over 6 years and will be handing them down to the next generation when they take over my business.

4. Grohorganic

Grohorganic LawnSite Member

if you need to PRY at all in a transplant you have done something way wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a dyna digger and a good forged flat spade with a good file to keep it shaver sharp, before we dig I can take the hair off my arm....

pry it out:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::laugh::laugh::laugh: dead tree or plant time:cry::cry::cry::nono::nono::nono:

5. terrapro

Ohh no no. I meant for removal exclusively, transplants need different attention but removals the fastest cleanest way is key. I do alot of renovating because of lack of proper maintenance or bad landscape designs which requires the majority of the stuff trashed.

Dyna digger! Thats a price tag! http://www.gettinggreen.com/productdetail.asp?productid=39

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

How about a landscape bar or something comparable?

[​IMG]

7. terrapro

I have one of those just in shovel form :waving:

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

For removals a Pulaski is a Gardeners best friend.

9. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

:confused:
    OK, that one I don't know unless I call it something differerent. Clue me in, dishboy.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

It is a combination of an axe and a mattock with an edge. Anyone who works with landscapes should have one. :)

http://www.ewing1.com/product/p28/ews_28004310.htm