Pm on or off for mods?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by LoneStarLawn, Jan 22, 2002.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to see if Moderators keep there pms off so they are not disturbed?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I don't know about anyone else, but I always keep my PM function turned on. And I do rely on the pop box to tell me I have a new message. But sometimes that box doesn't always pop up for me. Hence, my question recently in this forum about the pop up box.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I have my PM feature turned on.

Not sure about the popup box issue.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just thinking Jodi..Do you remove the new pm you get are do you keep it in your folder?

Maybe you get on pop up box for one but after you have read that one another pm comes in and the pop up box is not "triggered" because the other one is still newish...

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's a good thought Alan. I see what you are saying.
    I usually don't move them once I read them, but I am going to start putting them into folders or else deleting them.

Don't know if that will make the pop up box work all the time, but thanks for the idea. I'll try that.

6. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Alan,

When I get a P.M. I usually respond to it, after several days I will remove them.

Main reason that I remove them: Actually 2 fold; 1 to save space on server, and the second is I got email a couple of time telling me that my in box was full so I could not get a P.M.

Rick