PM Troubles

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by cgreen454, Mar 17, 2005.

1. cgreen454

cgreen454 LawnSite Member

I noticed in another thread that there is a 25 post/1 month delay before you can PM anyone. Makes sense to have this delay to avoid the spammers, but unfortunately it also limits your ability to respond to the classified ads posted in the marketplace. I'd like to respond to some equipment for sale, but since the sellers have only provided PM as a point of contact, I've been locked out. Is there a way around this, or am I out of luck. Thanks.

Chris

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Check now, see if it works for you.

3. cgreen454

cgreen454 LawnSite Member

Excellent, and thanks for the quick response and fix. This site is a true resource.

Chris

4. JLT

JLT LawnSite Member

Could I have my Private Messages turned on as well? I need to contact someone about a mower in the marketplace :) . Thanks.

5. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i would also like to have mine activated. i could have sent out my 25 in a month by now but i opted to use the search option for most of my questions instead of filling up the forum with the same old questions only to fill a quota
    please enable my PMing capabilities
    thanks

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

aclassic...check and see if you can PM now, you should be able to

jlt...you need to reach the 25 post count to enable your PM feature

7. Hi could I also have my PM enabled. I have some items for sale and I cannot access this feature.
    Thanks

JON

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

in order to have the private message feature enabled for any member they need to be a registered member for at least 30 days AND have made 25 posts

9. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

I would like to be able to PM lawnsite members.

10. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I would like to be able to PM lawnsite members..also