PM's To Be Turned Back On Today!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Geez...Not trying to sound smart here, but could we have made it any clearer?

Bottom line, the software is set up so messages can be read. But because they are private messages we do not read them. I'm guessing there is some sort of security issue involved as well. Either way....

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for clearing that up. It was still vague the way you answered it this AM. "Knowing it's wrong" doesn't mean you don't do it. We all know it's wrong to wizz in the shrubs, but some of us do it. Now, you have actually said that you don't read them. That's what we were waiting to hear.
    Crawdad

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure if this is new or not, but I just got this message while replying to a couple of "Private" Messages.. I guess this is to protect us from spam.
    "The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 180 seconds."
    Maybe it's always been like that, I don't use the function that often.
    Crawdad

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

No they have always had a time limit on PM's. It keeps people from spamming members.

5. Mowing Dude

Mowing Dude LawnSite Member
    from Here

Sure, you do not have to shut down the system to make that change, it's in the admin CP and takes a second or two to fix.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thank you Sean,Pierre and Jodi. :waving:

John

7. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

hello, I sent a pm yesterday, not knowing the system was being upgraded. Will my message go through, or will i need to repost.

Thanks
    Eric

8. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

I haven't touched to the system since the beginning of the week, so if you sent your message yesterday, there should be no problem with it.