PO Box or Residential Address?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GG Green, Mar 6, 2007.

1. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

Just wondering for those of you who work from a home business, do you use a PO Box or your actual home address? Which one is better to go with? Any suggestions....Thanks.
  2. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a PO box, So I can Keep business mail seperate from personal mail.
  3. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I go with a P.O. Box. I try to keep my buisness and personal mail seperated. I also use my P.O.Box on alot of advertising. I would hate to have a theif target my home becasue they seen my address on a flyer I passed out.

I have never had a clients ask where my residents is. All they need to know is where to send their payment, and thats to a P.O. Box.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Either way should be just fine. It all depends on the town or city you live in.
  5. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I go with my home address. My company name is on all my business related mail. Plus that is a expense I don't need right now. Along with the P.O Box rental, is the gas to go to the post office to check the box. Put like the other folks have really good points also.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. I have no time to be going to out post office every day or two just to get the mail that I'm paying them to deliever to my HOUSE, plus pay the extra money for a cute little box there.
  7. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

I'm just wondering do you live more in the country where it would be harder to find your home address? Just curious because the only thing that worries me is if someone is unhappy for whatever reason or they just are crazy and look at your address and then bother you at home or damage your property. Has that ever crossed your mind?

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

A PO Box costs less than $10 a month, if you can't afford the additional expense then there's something wrong. If you just prefer to use your home address, fine, but don't blame it on a PO Box being too expensive...

If you use your home address I guarantee a customer will drop by sometime unannounced...may not be this year or next year, but sometime one of them will. And you will likely be in your boxers, on your 5th beer...the doorbell will ring and when you get the door it will be little Mrs. Johnson standing there with some lawn questions (and maybe a check if you're lucky :laugh: )
  9. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I use my home address, my yard looks sweet so I dont care if a customer comes by. Make sure you spend a few dollars and get a lock-box mail box. The last thing u need is somebody stealing ur checks.
  10. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

POB because you can keep all your stationary and buisness cards the same if you move.