1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

poa annua/triv problems

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smlc451, Aug 28, 2014.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Think quinclorac can also be harsh on fine fescues, ive seen it brown at full rate app
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

I agree except on the spring app. Spring app will have no effect on the Poa Annua. Fall pre at the appropriate time will control Poa Annua. If you don't apply it in the fall, then you have missed the boat as far as using the pre goes.

Certainty will control Poa Triv in the spring but does affect some if not all fescues.

FWIW...pre in the late fall and early spring will also control Japanese Stilt grass. May only need to spot spray later in the season for any breakthrough. Much cheaper and better results than trying to spray a boat load of this weed.
  3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never heard of that one but searched for it. It looks DREADFUL. NCSU has lots of information if anyone else is unfamiliar with Japanese Stiltgrass, as I am.
  4. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Grass4Gas you are correct. My bad. Spring app for other reasons. Thanks!