Poa Annua

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't sure where to post this on Lawnsite since to some this stuff is grass and to some it's a weed.

By common names it is known as Annual Bluegrass or Annual Meadow Grass for those not familiar with the Poa Annua term.

Anyways, in my case this stuff is a weed. The reason being is this is a short variation of it that seems to be exhibiting seed head early in the year at a pretty short height. And boy oh boy is it showing off seedhead!!! It is so much to the point that it just looks like a big patch of white in contrast to the beautiful green tall fescue it is in.

I don't mow close enough to remove the seedhead at each cutting. So I hate this **** and I want it gone now!!!!

:angry: :help:

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

What about Poa pratensis? Rough Bluegrass... I just picked up some soil sample kits today and it lists Poa annua on there, but not Poa pratensis.

3. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

It an ugly weed here to in la. I got some Image from lesco takes good care of it. Kinda high @ 100 bucks a 11 oz bottle but .5 oz makes a gal. works good. also kills most other weeds but won't hurt most turf grasses. good luck:)

4. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Is there any way you could post some pictures. I think I know what it looks like but I would like to be sure in case I ever have a problem with it.

Thanks David :)

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

David,

I'll snap some pics as soon as I get a chance if I remember.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member