Pocket pc software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i need some pda software. anyone have links to software they use while they are out in the field to keep track of stuff. i also would like to know the name of it.

2. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

What do you want to track? Hours, material, people, inventory, GPS data, billing.... need to know a little bit more about what you want to do.

John

3. Frontier-Lawn

Hours, material, people, inventory, billing, & sceduling. i would like gopher for it but they only make it for palm.

4. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I jsut made some Excel sheets and use Excel in the field. I don't know of any pocket pc software out.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Pocket PCs and PDAs are not the same animal. What is the device you have?

6. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a pda that is running windows mobile use excel I use Pocket Informant to kept all my contacts in and my task list and calender for all my scheduling and appointments. pm me and I can give you a list of some web sites that may help. This will be my 3rd year using a pda.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Ipaq with pocket pc 2002........ model # 3830

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Since you have a Ipaq Pocket PC, you want to look for software for the OS running on that device, not Palm OS PDA software.

Do a search for software on these devices. One example:

http://www.pdatopsoft.com/software/?ss=3

Note the software entries are unique for Pocket PC and Palm PDA. Unfortunately, the term "PDA" has been garbled to mean too many different things. But, be sure your search is focused on Pocket PC applications, not apps for other devices.

9. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Check QXpress I've played w/ the desktop for the last 3 weeks.Just decided today I'm going for it. They have a pocket PC app.