Points and Frustration

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Acute Cut, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, moderators, (or some geeky guy who knows a whole lot more than i do) i have an idea for you.. Actually two ideas.

First-Make it automatic that when you toss a point out that your name automatically appears as well. Weather it bad or good we have a right to know as our ratings are being affected by such. Also, pertaining to this, i get notes like "good post" and "i agree" and "you are so hot i want to #@$" (Well that last one i think is John Gamba, but i am not sure. :waving: (j/k)) What if i want to write back and say thanks or discuss that topic or point in more depth? I cant.

2nd point- (and this is a biggie) Dont tell me to spread the love around. My wife doesnt like me thinking i have to do that. So, basically it comes down to... Stop Limitint My Goodie Points. If i have to fill a quota to apply another point then why bother. Many nice people here, but wothy of points? not sure. Go to the landscape forum, I cant seem to spread enough love because there are so many great posts in every thread by guys like D Felix and Rex Mann.

I am not really against this whole thing, (even though my ratings show the same as a newb, hehe) but either let us distribute points as WE see fit or i am outa the whole thing.

I am about to just start responding publicly again and foregoing the whole points thing. (not attacking anyone but the software here)
    dvmcmrhp52 and alpine692003 like this.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I just wish this was all I had to worry about :rolleyes:
    Maybe counselling would help put your internet forum experience/life into prospective?
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Might be a chance for a new career, INTERNET green forum counselor. I am sure we can come up with some expensive sounding ism, maybe even Blue Cross would pay.

Lighten up a bit, kind of like having a new mower that is supposed to cut at 8mph and your customer keeps standing in front of you to slow you down. If the system has points let us use them, if you don't want people using them, get rid of them, simple, and no counseling.