1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Poision Ivy HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Jerry and Sons, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I have done my research and have found alot of valuable info, but I am in need of more info. I am doing a job where the poision ivy is every where including climbing up the trees with vines at the base of the trees almost one inchthink in spots. Is there a way that i can get rid of the ivy without putting myself in the hospital?
    I am very opened minded to any idea except buying a goat to eat alll of the Ivy. Hahahahahahahah!
    Thanks

2. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

Bottom line it will come back.
    If you think you can get rid of it you are wrong. For the thick stuff, Hit it with a machette at the base and then soak it with brush killer. Don't overdose to hurt the trees.

But I have been treating a half acre that was infested. I have been retreating every month since March. I use a brush killer that wipes out the plant . But 2 weeks later there is new stuff coming in. We used PreM to see what that would do. Nothing. I say just cancel the client. I can't wait for this lawn to go dormant and I will not be back with this client next year.
    So far I have only been to the hospital once over this place. $160.00

3. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Did you mix it "Hot" enough L J ?

we RoundUp Pro it around here:

16oz/gal/1000sq.ft.