Poision Something

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DBL, May 28, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

Did a a mulch job and took down about a 50' tree that was pretty much dead (vines wrapped hard around it) but anyway there was poision something i think oak but no one knows all over me and two other of my guys. I think i have it worse and its killing me im on a prescription and im taking benedryl at night but im scratching all night and day and im going crazy. is there something else that i can do to ease this. I got it this past MONDAY and i still have it.

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I was told some time ago to try this stuff called Aveeno Bath(or something like that). I'm not sure on the spelling but i'm sure if you ask for it at like Wally-Mart they would know what your talking about...Ask them at the store they may know if it will work.....

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Methylprednisolone

It is a Steriod and is very effective.

Predisone is another Steriod that is not very effective.

4. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Rub diesel or gas on it. It will cut the poison oil and dry it up. Don't smoke afterwards. I am not responsible for you catching yourself on fire.

5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

The gas thing works.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

bleach is good too. I perfer using kerosene

7. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

I have also heard of using gas but never have tried it. You can also try brake cleaner I have used that method before and it seems to help, but as stated before do not smoke or get near an open flame afterwards. You can also get some oatmeal bath packets at the store and that seems to help the itching alot.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Go to the drugstore and buy Tecnu wash for poison okk and poison ivy . Follow the instructions on the lable and you should start getting relief in about two days of useing it 3 or 4 times a day .Wipe off the hanles of your work tools too and your truck wheel and armrests ect. Do NOT take a bath , Do NOT allow the infected parts to touch the uninfected parts of your body , Try not to allow the areas to get to warm , Do NOT scratch anywhere , change your bed sheets and clothes daily . I have suffered with this many times and TecNu is the only thing I have found that works .Forest service and firefighters use it.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was too chicken to use bleach, I used rubbing alcohol, didn't burn/sting hardly and it went away in a couple days after having it for 2 weeks.

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

got that prescription and its slowly working