I recently got into some poison ivy and was using medicines with limited relief to take care of it, when my dad suggested running hot water over it. I thought he was messing around, but I tried it anyway and low and behold it works great. All discomfort went away almost immediately. It lasts around six or more hours. Today I noticed poison ivy on a customer and recommended it to her and she said she has been doing it for years. She and her husband also told me it works on bug bites as well. They said pretty much anything that itches. Apparently the hot water draws out whatever it is that causes the itching. The water needs to be hot enought to be uncomfortable but obvously not hot enough to burn you.