1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Poison Ivy - Oak, etc......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Major Tom, Mar 16, 2000.

  1. bw

    bw LawnSite Member
    Posts: 49

    Well you probably won't beleive this, but i use bleach, something about bleach being an acid and poison ivy being a base, and the bleach cancels it out. I take a q-tip and kinda scrub it (the blisters) it stings and scabs over, but it's gone in a matter of a day or two so it's worth it.
  2. Here are some websites:<p>This one is a discussion of treatment tips. It's quite long and some of the best stuff is near the end:<p>http://www.gorp.com/gorp/health/oakivfaq.htm <p>Treatment tips:<p>http://poisonivy.aesir.com/cures.html<p>Article and Treatment tips:<br> <br>http://www.runnersworld.com/bodyshop/bsivy.html
  3. vader

    vader LawnSite Member
    from MS
    Posts: 13

    I am bad allergic to the stuff. But I went to Wal-Mart and bought some stuff called &quot;Ivy Block&quot;. It works pretty good, but you have to be sure it is on you while you work, cause it can wash off with your sweat. But it works. Should be in the pharmacy dept. Try it out.
  4. Lee Homan

    Lee Homan LawnSite Member
    Posts: 163

    I also used Ivy Block last year and will use it this year. Had real good results with it. Just make sure it is applied to all exposed areas before leaving the house.

Share This Page