Poison Ivy on river bank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DLCS, Aug 27, 2013.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

What could I safely use to kill poison ivy along a river bank? Its not in the water but near it. What is the best way and legal way? Round up doesn't totally kill poison ivy, its listed as partial kill on the label so that out.

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

sent you a PM.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

So was the secret knowledge of the PM good for something we all could use? or was it snake oil and we'd be better off with a poison ivy RU??
    Are you removing the dead vines and leaves to eliminate ALL the poisonous oils now, or will this area remain contaminated for years??? :)

4. DLCS

phasthound, Thanks for the pm but I'm going to pass on the organics for now.

5. DLCS

Smallaxe,

I'm not removing anything.;) The client just wants it killed and he will take care of removing the dead ivy.

6. phasthound

Just following forum rules and trying to help someone.

7. phasthound

okie dokie.

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Read this post http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=411142
    I recently tried this formula on brushy areas and the results seem to be good. Can't give you long term effects but I have a feeling this would work on poison ivy. Not too long ago I looked at a label for off the shelf PI killer and the AI's were Gly & Triclopyr.

9. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Your license allows you to spray "on a river bank"? Must be different around these parts.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic