Poison Ivy removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rockandroller, Aug 5, 2004.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

One of my customers wants me to submit a bid for removing a patch of poison Ivy from their ivy bed. The main area is probably 120 sq ft. My plan is to dig the sh.. out by hand, roto-till the area, then hit it once with round-up. I'm going to bid it at $250. Any thoughts of suggestions?? How's the bid sound? The methodology?

Thanks

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't pay me enough to mess with the poison ivy.........

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Rockandroller,

Here is a post for you.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yeah, read the post that Gopher linked. Geez Gopher, do you have a database of posts or what?!?! You're Johnny on the spot with links, I'll tell ya.

R&Rer:
    I think your plan is a little backwards. You're gonna want to spray that miserable sh!t first, then remove.

OBTW, I wouldn't touch a poison ivy job like that with a 20' -- make that 30' pole.

5. rockandroller

I guess the consensus is don't mess around with the sh..! I agree. Luckily, I 've got someone who is crazy enough to do most of the dirtywork (aka...digging) for $80. All I have to do is till it up and hit it once more with the chemicals... Otherwise I wouldn't do it either. Greenmonster I agree w/ you. I forgot to mention that the stuff has supposedly been sprayed already. We'll see if they take my bid...Thanks yall...

:cool:

6. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

One thing you need to know don't go in house and wash hands and leave toilet seat up. This may cause big problems later.

7. rockandroller

Gopher..

I just now read your link.. Thanks man. Technu? I'll give it a try!:cool: Peace, love, and Rocknroll

8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I had my father in-law call me up and have the nerve to ask me to come and mow his back yard, after he got poison Ivy all over himself. I asked him if he knew where he had gotten the poisen ivy and he didn't know. I told him that there was no way in heck I was going to mow his yard with that stuff in it. I can get that stuff from the wind blowing the wrong way. I told him he should go out there and find it and kill it, he already has poisen ivy, and the steroids to get over it!

Derek