Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ACutAbovesiny, Oct 5, 2006.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Im sure most of you have come acroos the stuff at some point. Well I must have touched some the other day because I got it. I looked at pictures online and have found that people react differntly to it. Some people break out with blisters and others turn red and get really swollen. I guess I am lucky that I just have a few clusters of blisters and really itchy.

Have any of you gotten Poison Ivy?

How did you react to it?

2. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I know all about poison ivy and swear by Oral Ivy as a proactive treatment.

3. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

My grandfather made me eat a poison ivy leaf when I was small. Now, I can pull the stuff wearing just a pair of shorts and it doesn't bother me.

4. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

i get it but if i dont get into a lot of it and i dont itch it then it just kind of dries up and goes away. straight clorox sill dry it up. just dont apply if for more than 3 days straight. if its broken open i advise not to apply clorox but if you do ...record it and post it on here. hahahahahahaha. ivy-dry works too. i think thats what its called

5. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

what?...........

6. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Gee thanks a lot for the advice...so who wants to drive me to the emergency room?!?!

7. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

8. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

i have to go to the doc everytime i'm in the stuff, both of my arms and hands will break out. i'm using oak-n-ivy brand calagel and tecnu skin cleanser. works real good for me. drys the ivy up fast. first year I don't have to go to the docs, round up makes a spray to kill ivy

9. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Oral Ivy. I refer to it as the best insurance you can get for under $20

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

All that meant was you were not allergic to begin with, your body had immunity to Poison Ivey because if it hadn't you would have gone to the hospital. Your grandfather must have been the one I read about that won the Nobel Peace Prize for his discoveries in immunization.