Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'The Green Guardian' started by Woodland, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Woodland

Woodland LawnSite Member
    from Maine

How effective is EMG on Poision ivy. I assume the more mature or woody the poison ivy the less effective, but will repeated treatments kill or keep it in check?

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, it is very effective at any stage of growth.

We recommend that you reapply every 3 weeks to make sure nothing comes back.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use Brushmaster or Crossbow for spraying the foliage of Poison Ivy. It's nearly a 100% kill, except if the Poison Ivy is growing up a tree when we cannot get all the leaves covered. Then we sever the vine near the base (with a saw) and pour concentrate onto the cut. Even after all this, it might take a couple years to finally rid the property of Poison Ivy. Then you have to watch for "invasions" coming in from the next door neighbor's property.

4. Woodland

Woodland LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I'm confused. Why would you recommend those two products as a response to my very specific question posted in this particular forum. There are any number of chemical herbicides that will control poison ivy. I thought it was quite obvious by the question and its posting location that was inquiring about biological/non chemical control methods.

5. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

This reply was from someone outside of our company and [I believe] they were thinking it was a different forum.