Poison Ivy?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Cut It Close, Apr 16, 2013.

  1. larryinalabama

    larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 16,281

    That stuff is pricey but it does help.

    One thing I do, if I know Ive been in poison oak I wash my arms in cold water as soon as possible, that seems to be the best prevention.
     
  2. StockmanLawnscape

    StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member
    Posts: 131

    I had ivy and oak last week. Spread all over my arms, fingers, and had patches on my face and right under my nose. Was an extremely miserable week. That's what I get for cleaning up an abandoned house for a commercial client of ours lol
     
  3. larryinalabama

    larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 16,281

    Sounds like a trip to the doctor for a steriord shot
     
  4. StockmanLawnscape

    StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member
    Posts: 131

    Nope, I just let it run its course. It's just about all gone now. Didn't have time to make a trip to the doctors with how busy we are.
     
  5. HPI_Savage25

    HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 192

    Don't ever try burning it either! As mentioned above, it doesn't have to be green for you to get a rash from it. I am highly allergic to it. I've had bubbles the size of quarters before and had to wrap up in gauze because I was oozing so bad.
     

Share This Page