poison ivy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 1, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

just a quick question: can u get poison ivy repeatedly throughout the season? if u have it, and it goes away, and u have contact again soon after, can u get it again?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

ooooooo, noooooooo

4. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

poison ivy is like the IRS always there

5. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

no doubt.....had it 4 times so far. You'd think I'd get smart and wear long pants!

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It's kind of like the situation you have with your mother-in-law bobby...it can come and go away and them come back and then go away again...or just stay forever it seems and never go away.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

yeah bobby so what time is the mother in law coming over 4 the BBQ today ma by u can share that poison ivy with her ha ha:D

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

oh yes...had it last month and now I have it again...usually I get it only on my hands....unlike you BG..Me thinks we need to send you some pictures of the stuff so you learn to stay away from it. Many plants look like Poison Ivy but they aren't . Poison this year seems to be EVERYWHERE

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

i know what it looks like. i think i need my head examined. there was alot of it yesterday, and i sprayed it. but there were a couple plants mixed in with some tall weeds, and i weed wacked them. felt the juice hitting me on my arms and face. now my arms are itchy, poured alchohol on them. i seemed to have developed a cough overnight also. u cant get it in yur lungs like that, can u?

10. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

:D check out this website. Get rid of it when you get home. http://www.zanfel.com I have been using it for 3 yrs. I get rid of it even after it has begun to blister. Don't live with it, get rid of it!!!!:blob2: