Polaroid Picture when done with leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone ever takes a polaroid picture when done with a leaf cleanup if the customer is not home to show that when you left, the property was spotless.

Cause I can see it now that I do a cleanup on Saturday, customer is gone for the weekend, it storms on Sunday, customer sees lawn on Monday 9:00 AM and freaks out that nothing was done...

Anyone ever get told they DIDN'T do a service that they in fact did?

2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

If you have customers you worry about like that, a picture may not be a bad idea. Sounds like pita customers. Good luck.
  3. Don't do it myself but is good idea and cheap insurance if you have that worry.
  4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

My first commercial acct. did that to me. They said I was billing them for services that weren't performed. Never had any problem until that month of billing. After weeks of phone calls I got nowhere with them. They were the biggest PITA. I no longer maintain their property.
  5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never had that problem with leaves, and dont really expect to.

But I was wondering what you do when i customer calls to say that we did not mow the lawn this week when infact we had been there two days prior. I am pretty isolated from my clients b/c i go to college in another city and have to rely on my employees words and they claim the lawn needed to be cut, and was infact mowed.

I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to you and what you would do about it. Also this is a good client who is not out to screw me or anything like that.

Do I just call back and say, ya we cut, give me money, or try and work something out? He was not upset when he called, just was wondering when we were going to mow his lawn.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

lawnmaster are you sure your guys mowed it
    last large LCO i worked for before going it on my own had his son working for him running a two man crew . to make a long story short he was saying he was mowing his jobs but going home and swimming in his dads pool and drinking beer with his other crew member about 2 weeks later everyone was calling wondering what the hell was going on . :p you can imagine what happened next :D
  7. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

We had the problem a few years ago. We did the cleanup earlier in the day and the customer called @ 6 (must've just gotten home from work) and complained that we didn't do ANYTHING!! Well, it's crazy .. they must've missed the fact that there were 40 mph wind gusts all day!!

And in answer to your question, nope .. pictures were not taken then, and they still aren't to this day. And I don't know why, either. I have no logical explanation.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

during leaf season ,my customers are told leaf work is a constant work in progress.
  9. JasperStorm

JasperStorm LawnSite Member
    from WA

Make sure that you hold a copy of that day's paper in the picture, like the old kidnapping ransom note photos, so the customer can't say that the photo was taken last week, lol.
  10. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i was doing a residential customers house during rather high winds. this house is supposed to take only 20-25 min. well i spend 3 hours there getting all the leaves out of the yard. i get a call the next day asking why i didn't show up. I explained that i had and it had even taken me 6 times what it should have because of leaves and high winds. they refused to believe me and then stopped service. i ran into this lady at the gas station about a year later. she says "i can't beleive your still in business".
    some people really know how to hit a nerve. :blob2: