pole barn alarm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Jun 23, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

for you guys that have alarms on your storage.
    do they work good or do you get alot of false alarms ?
    how much do they cost ?
    what kind do you have ?
    i have a 35x45 pole barn it has a dirt floor so animals get in it like
    cats,and coons would they set a motion alarm off ?
  2. i dont know much about the area your barn is in. however what about some form of motion detector? i dont know if you could set up an alarm with it. i am sure you could. but i know that it is really easy to set it up with a light. just go to a hardware store i guess. as for the alarm. if this is in a highly residential area, do you really wanna be pissing off your neighbors and waking up at 2 am because of some silly cats?
  3. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

It is possible to purchase an alarm for you particular situation that will not be set off by animals.

I have a friend that owns 2 different businesses. 1 has an alarm that anything that moves will set off the alarm, the second business the alarm is set to allow his guard dog to patrol the interior of the building, if even a child of 10 years old enters his alarm will trigger an intrusion.

That's all I can tell you about 2 systems I know about. I do know he had his installed by a private alarm contractor, not one of the national chains.

If you want I will ask him the type of alarm he has.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lights on the outside that turn on with a motion detector is a good thing to have, even if you do put an alarm on there. A Hungry Doberman will also help. :)
  5. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

RDH, I have an alarm for my house. I had the alarm company install motion dectors that have animal sensors. With 3 cats that stay in the house all the time, we had to do it. No false alarms from the animals. The sensors are placed in the main parts of the house and all the doors have sensors.
  6. rdh

thanks rooster im going to surf the net later on what you said in the reply sounds like what i need.
  7. rdh

thank you to jim copper how much did it cost and is there a mounthly fee.
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

sounds good but im going to do some homework ,to find out how a sensor can tell the difference between a bad guy and the neighbors
  9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Bad guys are usually taller than 36"!
    Unless its a mean azz midget!:blob3:
  10. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member