Pole Barn Rust Stain?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by roberthathaway7, Jun 25, 2012.

1. roberthathaway7

roberthathaway7 LawnSite Member

I've got a building that has an AC unit in the attic, and the runoff from it has been draining out the side of the building from a rusty pipe for about 10 years or so probabably, and the splash of the consant dripping has formed a rust stain on the concrete below AND the pole barn metal on the side of the building. Anybody know of a chemical that is safe for the pole-barn paint that will take the rust off?

2. roberthathaway7

Oh another thing- the runoff will run onto a new blacktop surface that was top coated last year. I don't want to leave chemical marks or stains on the blacktop

3. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

one restore from eaco chem.

4. roberthathaway7

Thanks! I looked at their website and they also have a product called "rust clear" that mentions rust on painted surfaces. Any experience using Rust Clear?

5. Doug Rucker

NONE...I have always just used One Restore on rust stains. I even use it on shingle roofs.

6. roberthathaway7

great thanks! I am also looking at cleaning my family's gas station that is made completely of pole barn metal, and their driveway which has oil stains etc, any ideas for that? I do have a 3000 PSI pressure washer, but I can't afford a surface washer, I was hoping there were some chemicals that were safe for our blacktop. The surface I am cleaning is concrete, but it butts up against a large blacktop parking area. Muriatic acid maybe? Just afraid of what it would do to the blacktop.
    I have heard of some powder like products that contain a micro-organism that eats petroleum based subtances, but it almost sounds too good to be true.

7. Doug Rucker

For removing automotive fluids, oil, gasoline, etc, you want the BT200. Will work on both concrete and asphalt. Click here

Yes, I sell it, but you can also buy it and get more info by clicking here

8. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Got a Pole-barn six years ago. Any advise on how to clean it would be appreciated. Buddy has a power washer, was thinking could add soap then a sort of wax on to the building?

9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like the eaco chem has a good product called cleansol bc that would work with a power washer, but they do not seem to sell the product on their website.

10. Doug Rucker

CAll Mike at eaco chem 800.313.8505 and he can answer all your questions.