Pole Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gabejohn1, Jul 31, 2007.

1. gabejohn1

gabejohn1 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,
    Just like to get your professional advice on choosing a long pole hedge trimmer for my home use. I'm considering products from Stihl, Tanaka, Shindaiwa, and Echo. Any input on quality, durability, and customer service on these companies? These products are not cheap so I'd like to select the best one out there! I am open to all suggestions & comments and thank you sincerely for your time & help.
    :usflag:

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

All good choices. One thing to keep in mind is that the Stihl model does not have a "d" style handle so using it to tackle ground cover might be a bit strange. Let us know what you decide on.

-MW

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed that all are ok choices , but I find it hard to deviate from Stihl - great performance and good dealers . We use string trimmers , blowers , tiller , pole saw , stick edgers , hedge trimmers - all Stihl and rarely a problem.

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

No complaints with my Stihl, HL 100.

5. cebe800

cebe800 LawnSite Member

I just bought the echo with the articulating head. Great concept great tool just lacks power. Still at that it saves a lot of time and is a lot safer than climbing ladders. Tje articulating head is the only way to go. The 27 cc engine is its downfall should of got the still with the 32cc engine.

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 2 Sthil's HT101's 1 Sthil HT131's and 2 Sthil HT100 with 14 inch bars.
    These saws are to generate money and be capeable of runing all day every day without hassle or down time that cost me in the bottom line. if you are purchaseing for home use you don't need the best, just buy a echo they are a good saw that will last a home owner a long time. But if money talks and you want the best Sthil is the only saw to consider in my opinion

7. Stillwater

Great point you make but a extended pole saw is not the tool for ground cover

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

The OP is not asking about an extended pole saw. They are asking about extended pole HEDGE TRIMMERS , which work well in a deep bed with groundcover so that you don't have to be stepping in it to trim it.

9. Stillwater

Don't mind me I am just a clueless ******.

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased the long shindaiwa trimmer last week and it was too long (92.9") for everyday use so I took them back and got the stihl. shindaiwa has a 7 day money back guarantee printed on their web site. I had to print that because the dealer did not believe me.