Pole hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, Aug 13, 2002.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Whats the best brand out on the market and how much can you expect to pay for one? Thanks

2. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i can't say it's the best because i haven't used any others, but i have a echo with the articulating head and love it. i think it was around 450.00 but i'm not sure it was a couple of years ago now.

3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Redmaxx,By far ,,,,,,,,,,,,More expensive but well worthit .very light

4. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

Echo is good, Have lots of euipment with Echo on them, look @ a John Deere also; I like the articulating head of the Echo works realy nice........ $400.00 or so....

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo articulated is what I just bought about a month ago. I love them!! I used to borrow my friends Redmax articulated, but it seemed every time I needed to use them, he would have a job to do with them. I got tired of the hassle and bought my own. I payed around $450 and they are worth every penny. The Redmax is a very good unit too.:) ;) :) ED

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Stihl and like it very much. I've looked at the articulating head ones, but find them to just be too heavy at the end.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have been using an Echo articulating type (90 degrees) for bout 6 or 7 years now. I love it.

It has paid for itself many many times over...that I know.

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

whats everyones thoughts on the pole hedge trimmers with various attachments like the chain saw etc etc? whats the going price for that?

THanks Scottie

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I have an Echo articulating hedge trimmer that I love. It has paid for itself many times over. I've used a friends Red Max and really liked it. If I ever need a second one, I'll probably get the Red Max. Same fuel mix. You'll be willing to do more shrub work once you have one. Good luck.

10. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

We have a stihl FS85 split boom with the articulating hedge trimmer attachment. It works great and cuts very well. We paid about $200.00 for the attachment.