Pole pruner heads

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimmyStew, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for some recommendations on a decent pole pruner/pruner head - not a powered unit, the "old-fasioned" kind!
  2. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

I like Marvin.
  3. JimmyStew

Marvin looks like a decent saw. Has anyone heard of/used Jameson pole pruners? I did the online quote for Marvin and it says that the fiberglass poles are 40+ lbs for a 6' section. Is that acurate???
  4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

These days, I won't use anything other than the fiberglass sections that connect end to end. Consider a separate saw attachement with the aluminum hook, and a separate attachment for the lopper part.

Silky has some refined pole pruners. I use the one with the folding blade which is nifty for storage.

If you go to my advice index...

Articles Index > Look for "pruning tools"

Look for the "pruning tools" topic. Or pruning equipment, however I worded it. Not pruning advice, but pruning tools. Seems I have a video linked from that pruning tools page showing exactly what I use.
  5. JimmyStew

Oops, 40 ounces! I went with a Marvin package. It came on Friday and seems like a real solid unit. I think it will do me well and last quite a while.