pole pruner to fit in 6' truck bed?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tommaple, Jun 30, 2012.

1. tommaple

tommaple LawnSite Member

Hoping someone can suggest a pole pruner that will fit in my 6' truck bed. Everthing I've looked at is longer than 6'. I'd consider either a telescopic type or one that breaks down into sections.
    Thanks!!

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with 6' sections. You can get them in fiberglass or a number of different types of wood. I prefer fiberglass for the sections. You can get pruner and saw heads. Not sure what area you are in, but Shelter Tree Tree Care Products up here in MA will ship all over the country and their service is great. www.sheltertree.com, I would give them a call and talk to them about what you are looking for.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I use a fiskars, rope-less telescoping pole pruner.

I've been through two in 7 years and love it. It easily fits in my truck bed and I pretty much abuse it like I do all my equipment.

I will say though that it isn't the most durable pruner compared to commercial ones, but it does everything I need it to at half the price of a commercial pruner.

That and not having a rope to get caught up in everything is great.

4. tommaple

tommaple LawnSite Member

Thank you Greenindustryassociates and White Garden!

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I owned everything yes nice fit in the truck Then bought 131Stihl pole saw so much faster for prunning I bought hedge trimmer head fit on it
    All my others pole pruners just sit now
    The 131 wont fit in a 6ft bed but there are ways to make it fit on a truck