pole prunner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Feb 21, 2005.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

just wondering what extending pole prunners everyone is running and which one would you reccommend . i like stihl chain saws but i just dont know about the pole prunner. the one redmax has doesnt extend .

2. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

We use the stihl pole pruner cant think of the model I think they only make one it has been very dependable.

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

is all you need to know....check it out. Chainsaw on a [telescopic] stick.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

captken did you have all echo stuff? i have used a older echo and was great .

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

No, just the pole saw.

6. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

using an Echo pole saw here- not sure on the model# but bought an Echo about 3 yrs ago and it performs like a champ- smooth, powerful and tough. Has done us well after the 3 Hurricanes that came through our county. This was our second chain saw. The first was a shindaiwa (not a pole saw)and its 16 yrs old and still runs like new. Good luck

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Echo PowerPruner is nothing short of awesome. It fires right up, has PLENTY of power to push its 12" bar, and is lightweight and very easy to handle. I like the handle it has as opposed to the Stihl. I think the Stihl is only available in 4 stroke now which is a bit heavier.

8. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have the Stihl (2 cycle power head) power pruner that extends. It is now discontinued and is only available in the 4 mix now. It is definitely a little money maker and very valuable tool to making a property stand out by trimming the low suckers and limbs. You will also need to get the telescoping manual pole pruner for those little limbs (1" or less) that are annoying to homeowners. With these two tools your work alone on complete property maint will separate you from most of the other guys. my2cents

edit>>>the echo is a nice unit aswell. You can get a 5 foot extention with it along with the telescoping shaft. It would almost replace a bucket truck....just kiddin. I would have bought the echo but all my trimmers had the same power head as the stihl unit. Both are good stuff....

9. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I do not do a lot of tree work but I do carry an extendable pole saw for the rare times that a branch or suckers need to be removed. In the event that higher tree work is needed I sub the work out to my buddy with a bucket truck.

BobR

10. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Echo also. it works great for me to. It has a lot of reach on it.