Pole Saw need a good one for personal use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HeavenSoldier, Jun 12, 2005.

1. HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier LawnSite Member

Do you know where I can find a good pole saw I need it to hedge my trees, and small bushes and etc. I also may use it to cut down trees in high places. Just need a good pole saw, you know the one with the lonng pole with the saw on the end. It can be online or a local store I just need it for personal use. Thanks and God Bless.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Echo........

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

get a sthil i forget the # but there all 4 stroke there nice and parts are esay to come by

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

yep. The Power Pruner by Echo. It is by far the most user friendly, easiest one to use. The loop handle is a blessing over the straight pole trigger like the others have.

5. HeavenSoldier

Okay thanks do you know where I can get them from? Anyone online? I know home depot and lowes may not carry them, maybe espositos. Maybe a link or something.

6. HeavenSoldier

7. HeavenSoldier

So this is good for trimming hedges right? Like boxwoods or etc? An what else do you recommend for trimming hedges?

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Nnnnnnnnno. Not the same thing. You may be looking for a combination tool. there are power units that are about the length of string trimmers, and there are power units that are a tad bit shorter. Botgh will accept a chainsaw head, and a hedgetrimmer head. The PowerPruner is a dedicated extendable chainsaw. It would be too heavy for trimming shrubs with. The extended hedgetrimmers (like about 5 ft. long) ARE great, though.

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have an ECHO power pruner yet. But is on my must have list. Its the best one available.

I have the split shaft system that echo makes. The 90 degree adjustable hedge trimmer attachment is worth every penny. A little heavy, but is awesome.

10. HeavenSoldier

So the powerpruner isn't good for shrubs, or for trimming hedges?