Police: Drunk man takes lawn mower for a spin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

People are amazing.
  3. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

stupid but smarter then mowing down people in a 3500 pound battering ram

i don't know if they should give people dwis for a riding tractor

maybe a unlisenced vechcle and and a public drunkenness...

i don't know....beats me why anyone uses a lawn tractor for transportation

4. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

You can't drink beer while you cut grass???!!!! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! Thats the whole reason I got in this racket. I may have to close up shop. I hate to lose my helper though. I hired him to drive the truck.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There's a few videos of drunken morons on mowers on YouTube. One drunk gets real ignorant and the cop has to take him down the hard way.

What? A man can't stand on his mower, in the middle of the street, and take a pee in front of a cop? I know my rights!
  6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck years ago all the old guys in town that would never have a liscense drove mowers. They would gussy them up with lights and chrome. Usually could find a pack of them parked behind the local bar in the afternoon.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I will not argue with you if you feel that you should be able to get plastered stupid on your own lawn mower on your property, I am on your side there, and that the police issuing a DWI for this seems about as stupid and backwards in a ******** way, too.

But I noticed over the years how I carry myself has a lot to do with the nonsense that comes my way. I also know drinking alcohol or doing drugs makes me a lesser man, and to me that's the real reason why they mess with us then, if nothing else because they can.

They do, they mess with lesser men, doesn't matter right or wrong.
    So my solution is simple, don't drink and don't do drugs.

They don't mess with stone cold sober fools, or at least nowhere near as much.
    Maybe it's because they know we're certified crazy lol

There's way more to it, start looking at the folks they take to jail and lock up in prison and it can be a real eye opener to see exactly how that system works, but I ain't getting into it here.
  8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Sure they should, it's a "motorized conveyance being operated on a public roadway" ... it's that simple !!