Polishing your Rocket??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Aug 30, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Sorry but this thread is not about what you thought it was about!!....lol...just couldn't resist the title for this thread.

My cousin is does a whole lot of mowing on BIG commercial/industrial properties, has 5 commercial machines and they always look great. He told me the way to reduce the dirt and grass from sticking to the exterior of the mower deck and tire rims , is to give the machine a good bath and then WAX IT with a high quality polish. To be honest, I don't believe him so I thought I'd ask you guys if you've heard of this or have done it, and if it keeps the mowers cleaner. longer.....yeah I know....a weird ? I'm asking....but I'm always trying to find ways to save a few minutes here and there.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

It sure does. Wax, rainX, etc.

3. If it works, then how often should you do it? I mean, if you do it too much, is there a chance you'll go blind?

4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

we spray ours down w/ WD40 sometimes or Armor All. makes things wipe down much easier when they get dusty.

5. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

i hope not!!:cool:

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I actually put a coat of Zaino Bros. show car polish on my EPS Lazer when I bought it :eek:

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to know if there is a worthwhile spray on wax out there? You know, something that would get in those tight spots and would not require the rubbing on and buffing off.

8. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

You guys must have a lot of extra time on your hands. I don't have time to wax my new trucks..I have a millionare friend who had a new truck with a dent in it. I told him why don't you fix it. He Sez " Because it wont make me any more money dent or no dent .Oh yea he doesn't't have the truck anymore but he is still rich. But he did have a point,what is you time worth.,The mower will still work the same dirty or not...

9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

It does take time, but don't you wash/wax your vehicle occasionally?
    Why not treat your workhorse to the same, not often, just make it part of preventative maintenance.
    Any good car wax will do, it helps your attitude too. You won't go blind from it so long as you don't wax your eyes.

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

as far as spray waxes, i found rainX fastwax to be the best, either that or zymol detailer, zymol is $9 bucks a bottle here:eek: