politician fires Landscapers over illegals

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I wish I had McCain's e mail address. I could foreword this to him and offer to save him this embarrassment. Just hire us, all legal American citizens now for a full year and counting!

2. During the silly season we legals need to jack up our prices! We are in big demand right now.payup

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I hate politics [​IMG]

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I observed a few years back where a local Demo member of congress used an unlicensed and illegal crew doing her landscaping in a house she moved into down the street from where I was working.

How did I know? I looked up the business name (no contractors license) and one of the gardeners at the house (working for the owner, not for me) I was working on had a conversation with one of the workers down the street who was from the same Mexican state he was.

The congress member was getting the house ready to host a fundraising appearance by a presidential candidate who was passing through town. I won't name names....

I was struck by the irony of someone who was backed by organized labor doing this though...

5. Makes you wonder the value of a vote. Do as I say not as I do is the Mantra of politics today. Teddy Roosevelt tried to reenlist during WW1.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I hate politics [​IMG]

7. The Kirilian world.
    No Turf
    No Politics
    Everybody has a Calsense

8. All legal American citizens now for 16 straight years and counting! Never used or hired any illegals.. never have never will...:usflag:

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member